John H. Donboli
Founder & President
John H. Donboli is the founder and President of Donboli Law Group, APC. His practice is primarily focused on civil litigation, including complex civil litigation such as class action litigation. His civil litigation experience is extensive in the fields of consumer class action litigation and litigation involving product liability, false advertising, bankruptcy, securities, insurance, real estate and commercial law.
Mr. Donboli has defended and prosecuted multi-million dollar claims based on violations of various consumer statutes and other prominent legislation with successful results in each. His experience in the business litigation arena includes contract disputes, employment litigation, and general business consulting.
Mr. Donboli has extensive experience advising companies of all sizes – from start-up companies to large corporations in transactional matters as well. He has experience counseling clients on the following matters:
- Mergers and acquisitions, including reverse mergers
- Debt and equity financings
- Private and public offerings, including the preparation of offering materials, private placement memoranda, and registration statements
- Preparation of company operational documents, including shareholder agreements, partnership agreements, stock option plans, employment agreement, and licensing agreements
- Formation of different types of legal entities and preparation of organizational documents
- Securities regulatory compliance
Unlike most lawyers, he is uniquely positioned to offer business advice having successfully launched and run multiple businesses of his own.
Mr. Donboli obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from San Diego State University in 1996. He received a J.D. in 1999 from the George Washington University Law School in Washington, DC. Mr. Donboli was an editor on the prestigious Public Contract Law Journal at The George Washington University Law School and interned at the prestigious Commercial Litigation Branch of the Department of Justice during law school.
Prior to founding Donboli Law Group, APC, he worked as an associate at a multinational law firm in Los Angeles (formerly known as McKenna & Cuneo LLP) and Gordon & Rees, LLP in San Diego. He was also a founding member of Del Mar Law Group, LLP. He is a member of the State Bar of California and is licensed to practice in all state and federal courts in California.
Mr. Donboli enjoys boxing and kickboxing in his spare time.
Recent Cases & Settlements